Forum

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Is 'Fallout 76' worth playing?

Is 'Fallout 76' worth playing? 1 week 22 hours ago #11288

• game5mmo
Fallout 76 Caps We have already heard about future plans for Fallout 76 increased stash size PvP factions new vaults opening and more. But this would not be the first release to see its plans cut short because of a negative reaction and poor sales as Mass Effect Andromeda not only had its potential sequels axed but it also scrapped the single player DLC that it was clearly setting up in its main storyline.

But what it has undoubtedly succeeded in doing is generating even more anticipation for a new single-player Fallout game and while 76 may not have stuck its landing it does have a few ideas worth carrying forward—and some lessons that should definitely be taken to heart.

While I did not particularly enjoy my time with Fallout 76 I was not expecting the critical and public reaction to it to be quite this harsh. Fallout 76 may be the highest profile release with the lowest review scores I can remember seeing in at least a decade or really since metascores became a thing. It’s Bethesda’s lowest rated game by a huge margin it’s scoring worse than No Man’s Sky Mass Effect Andromeda vanilla Destiny and all those other big titles that were high profile critical disappointments at launch. It’s hovering around Duke Nukem Forever territory in terms of its scores and the only “bigger” game I can see that has scored lower might be the barely functional Aliens: Colonial Marines in 2013.

Fallout 76 has yet again drastically revamped the series’ trademark Perk system buy Fallout 76 Atoms substituting the traditional skill tree or menu for hot-swappable cards. This allows for greater flexibility of character builds introduces random progression paths and the opportunity to easily experiment with different playstyles. Like in Diablo III which allows you to hot-swap between unlocked abilities picking early-game perks doesn’t feel like a playthrough-defining decision anymore—for better or worse—and swapping cards is a great way to change things up at a moment’s notice. The downside is that it comes at the expense of making perk choices less meaningful to your character’s identity. Some variant of this might be an interesting idea for Fallout 5 to experiment with—just please don’t monetize card packs okay?

Just pay attention to 5mmo.com remember the coupon code 5mmocom you have a 5% discount for all games
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds